Thanks to Stephanie and Bob for naming Quincey, fka as Boy 2. He is very happy to have a new name because Puppy seemed pretty generic! He is already showing big improvement in his strangles condition.
Thanks to Sam and Duke for naming Quinn, fka as Boy 1. He is enjoying the nice cool air of his new foster home and is just a big baby and will now come running to his brand new name.
Little girl has a name thanks to Lucy and Stetson! She will be called Quinoa (Keen-Wa), a pretty girly name for a pretty girly girl!
People can also virtually foster a puppy for $10 - this just helps to cover extras for the pups (example: large breed puppies need to get food with the right calcium levels so that was purchased for them by the rescue) and you get a little avatar you can copy and paste and post to facebook, etc.
We've got part of a little family of puppies from a local owner surrender (another rescue taking the others). These little sweeties are German Shephounds? Redbone Shepherds? Mom was a Redbone Coonhound and dad a German Shepherd Dog. Whatever you want to call them, they are incredibly cute and in need of names.
|Hi! I'm the new guy.|
We will start with the first boy, who has a case of puppy strangles. Here is some information on that, also called juvenile cellulitis: http://www.petplace.com/dogs/puppy-strangles/page1.aspx
We got him right in to the vet today and he is on a big dose of prednisilone to suppress/stop his immune system from attacking itself and some cephalexin antibiotic to fix up his smile. He was a good boy at the vet and at 11 weeks is a solid 28 pounds!
|Arrows pointing to the cellulitis/infection in his muzzle, top and bottom and swollen lymph nodes under his neck|
This is where you come in! We present to you the second BDBH Name a Pup and/or Virtual Foster fundraiser! It is a small one, but it's always fun to name puppies!
Name a Pup:
- Allows you to name a puppy from this litter for a donation of $40. The name needs to begin with the letter Q.
- When you click the donate button: BDBH Paypal and sign in, be sure to tell us what name, for this little guy - the other two will be posted after this weekend.
- We will have to go by the time if there are two people naming the same puppy, and will go until they are all named!
- Only $10 to be a virtual foster.
- You can be a virtual foster to as many puppies as you want.
- All puppies can have multiple virtual fosters.
- Virtual foster donations help the rescue and the real foster home pay for things like Advantage, de-wormers, foods, and supplies for the pups!
- But virtual fosters don't have to clean up after them and you can post them on Facebook and share with friends and family to show off your puppy!
Feel free to send this around. He's a real lovey boy!
|Thanks everyone! I'm gonna be quiet for a while getting better!|