Saturday, December 31, 2011

Even George Clooney Had a Home Check!

http://www.petfinder.com/blog/2011/12/15/george-clooney-adopts-a-dog


By Emily, executive producer

Posted December 15, 2011 5:03 PM |
| Comments | Share on Facebook
george-clooney-crop.jpgDon't take it personally if you apply to adopt a dog and the shelter or rescue group requires a home visit. Even George Clooney got one.

The actor tells Esquire he adopted his Cocker Spaniel mix, Einstein, from a shelter a year and a half ago.
So I go online and see Einstein. They had a whole film about him. It was actually really sweet. You see him all beat up and [stuff] in the shelter, and they show how they cleaned him up. God, I love this dog. So I called and said, "I like Einstein!"

The woman goes, "Well, we don't know if Einstein will like you."

"Well, can I meet with Einstein?"

"Yes, we'll bring him to your house, but if he doesn't like you, he can't stay. We have to have good homes for these dogs." She sounded very serious. (Read the full article.)
After the jump: Find out how George won Einstein over, plus: A pic of George with his pup.

george-clooney-440.jpgTo ensure the home visit would be a success, Clooney first rubbed his shoes down with turkey meatballs. When the shelter representative got to the door with Einstein, the dog threw himself at Clooney's feet.

"She says, 'I've never seen him react like that, ever!' And she left him with me on the spot," says PEOPLE magazine's two-time Sexiest Man Alive. "And forever, now, he just thinks of me as the guy with meatball feet. He loves me. I can do no wrong. He follows me everywhere."

Hey George, here's a little secret: When you adopt a dog, he'll love you and follow you everywhere, even without the meatball feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment